What’s Changed in Category Assessment?
Completing a category assessment is not only part of a Retailer’s CatMan process, but it can also be used in other areas of the business for opportunity identification, business reviews, new product launches and joint business planning. Retailers and Manufacturers should be aware of what’s required in advanced category assessments using advanced data sources.
What are some examples of how Category Assessments can be broadly used?
- As part of their retail category management process
Internally (both Retailers & Vendors)
- As part of an internal category or business review
- Request from sales, marketing or boss
- As part of a category or brand health assessment
- As part of a new product launch
- For new category perspective
- As a pre-step to tactical analysis